Monday, January 23, 2012

Favorite Products: OXO Food Mill

One of my favorite pieces of equipment in my home-kitchen is this little number. I got it just before going to a culinary competition in high school in order to make mashed potatoes. How did that turn out? Got first place at the first level and third in the second level. Compliments on the potatoes.

I have only had a chance to use this with potatoes, but can I just say that they yield just an awesome freaking product its ridiculous. I use the finest grate to mash up boiled potatoes, then add cream (or milk) and butter and plenty of salt and pepper and voila! Best whipped potatoes you'll ever have. Simple, delicious, and made possibly by this.

Legs fold out to do this! And more!

I've used a lot of commercial food mills and this one destroys those in ease of putting it together and use. It's easy to take apart and clean as well. It is a bit pricy, at $49.99 but, for food mills, it is actually relatively cheap. I love it. And, if you buy it from Bed Bath and Beyond like I did, you can easily get it for 20% off with one of their handy-dandy coupons which I use so often! I bought it nearly three years ago and its still nearly brand new. It's fabulous-o!

If you're looking to buy a food mill, this is the one, trust me.

No comments:

Post a Comment