Tuesday, December 27, 2011

The Day Stock Betrayed Me

I love stock. I love making it. I love seasoning it. I love it. Vegetable. Chicken. Beef. Fish. LOVE it! Love fabricating the flavorings (chicken, fish, cutting and peeling veg). Its fun, its enjoyable. Making your own is the only way to go, forgive those parents and ill informed who think the needed ingredients is simply "wasting" them. Ever had polenta cooked in boxed stock? Or just water? Homemade stock will win out every time. Try to create a sauce from a boxed stock, not happening. I love stock.

What I don't enjoy is dropping the tiniest drop of molten hot stock onto my sock-covered foot, seeping into the fabric and burning my pinky toe. Now it feels sticky and hot all the time...oh stock, I treated you so well and this is how you treat me...

This is not my stock, but if it was I would be very happy with that all-too-dehydrated-golden-pee color.

No comments:

Post a Comment